This season is going to be the biggest season yet! It’s an Olympic year and naturally enough my main goal is to Qualify for and race fast at Sochi 2014 but there is a lot more on the calender to get me excited including, World Uni Games, U/23 World Champs, Olympic selection races, The 2013/14 World Cup Circuit and Red Bull NordiX!
Check it out…
– Hopefully leave Aus on the 15th October, flying into Sweden
– 4 weeks training in Sweden
– 22-24th of Nov,Race Swedish Cup, Bruksvallarna
– Fly to Switzerland, 2 weeks Training
– 14-15th Dec, Olympic selection World Cup, Davos
– 16-21st Dec, World University Games, Val de Fiemme, Italy
– Xmas with AUS ski-X team at AIS European training centre, Italy
– Back to Davos, 2 weeks training
– 11-12th Jan, Nova Mesto World Cup, Czech Republic
– 18-19th Jan, Szklarska Poreba World Cup, Poland
– 1 Week Training camp, Pre Olympic Team, Venue TBA
– 28-29th Jan, U/23 World Champs, Val di Fiemme, Italy
– 1-2nd Feb, Pre Olympic World Cup, Dobbiaco, Italy
– 4th Feb, Hopefully selected for Sochi 2014 (Fly to Sochi)
– 7th-23rd Feb, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics (hopefully selected)
– 24th Feb, Fly to Scandinavia (My Birthday, Yewww!!)
– 1-2nd Mar, Lahti World Cup, Finland
– 5th Mar, Drammen World Cup, Norway
– 8th Mar, Oslo World Cup, Norway
– 18th (ish) Mar, Red Bull NordiX, Stockholm, Sweden
– 20-23rd Mar, Swedish Nationals, Hudiksvall, Sweden
– 24th Mar, Find a luscious beach somewhere for a couple of weeks, Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Bali, Thailand, Hawaii etc Somewhere good, I’ll need a tan!
– After a few weeks Faffing then maybe I’ll come home…
As you can see its a solid season of racing and I’m stoked to have so much to look forward to! Training has been going well since the end of the Aus ski season. We had a hard weeks training camp at Falls last week and now off to the AIS in Canberra for some testing then its down to the last few weeks of training, preparation and getting my life sorted before I fly out!
Yeah… So it’s been a while since my last post, and a fair bit has happened since. This season I was living, working and training out of Howmans Gap. This was a pretty good set up for me as The Boss was good enough to roster me onto shifts where I could train around, the only problem with this operation was that is was such a bad ski season! Even mid season we were coming off the hill to roller ski in the rain, it sucked! Although I didn’t have a whole lot of goals for this season, most of my goals are based around this upcoming European season, there were a few good things that came out of this season. I managed to win my first Australian Championship in the skate sprint at Falls Creek, I continued to lower my FIS point average and somehow I pulled off a good race on Hoppet weekend which is a rarity for me! Here’s a few snaps to give you a bit of an insight to the season…
Back to training and trying to get as many rays as we can before heading back into another long winter!